“Please don’t contact me ever again. You add no value to my life and you drain my energy like a vampire.”
poison this person was offering me in the guise of “friendship”. I really don’t know what their definition of friendship is, but it is very different from my definition.
This person would call me at odd hours to cry, complain, and over-analyze most details about their miserable life. At first I thought I was helping by offering possible solutions on how to cope with stress and love oneself. However, I quickly realized none of that was working. I soon found that I was dealing with a miserable person who was totally content in his misery.
I'm NOT sorry, but I DON'T DO MISERY! Look at the title of my blog. C'mon people!
The very next day, Wednesday, June 8, 2011, a real friend called me. Mind you I had not spoken with this real friend in many months. However, I consider her a real friend because our definition of friendship is the same. She is not a vampire and she is very supportive. We may have lost contact for a few months for whatever reasons but we always get back together where we left off. She is so sweet and I would never do anything to harm her or use her.
I am so grateful for the real friends in my life. I am also grateful for the wisdom to know the difference and to take the necessary steps to protect my little world from what I call Vampires.
Where do some minions posing as people get off with that “friendship” thing anyway? I mean this non friend only calls me about his problems and has nothing of value to offer me or my life. When my sister passed, his attitude was so nonchalant about it. As a matter of fact, he said he would call me right back when I told him. He waited over a month before he called me back and offered the most pathetic condolence ever. And to think, my sister used to tell me to be nice to him.
I am so grateful that I sent that text message. Life is too short to be trying to please people who care NOTHING about you. Life is too precious to give time and energy to people who give nothing in return. My life is too special to me to waste on the waste of this land.
- I associate and befriend people with similar life values as mine
- All of my friends have positive attitudes and they are very loving people
- My friends are healthy and constantly strive to improve themselves
- My friends and associates have much to offer their environments and communities and do so gladly without wanting payment in return
- My friends love themselves and they have a healthy respect for themselves those they encounter
- When people come in contact with my friends, they feel better about themselves
- My friends love life and carry much JOY inside of themselves.
- My friends recognize Vampires and do not associate with such creatures.
Wikipedia has a great article on friendship that I highly recommend.
I just wanted to get that off of my chest. I feel much better. Thanks.