Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Peek Into My Lifetime Drama

We met the summer of 1987. Immediately he wanted to know everything about me including all of my sexual history including details. I refused to tell him everything and was told that it was very important for him to know. When I told him he did not believe me. He was sure that there was more to my story. He hounded me for years about what he thought I was lying about. I was too young to know any better.

We eloped in the summer of 1989. He had orders to Hawaii and told me that if I didn’t marry him, it would never happen. At times I feel that I should not have married him, but I did any way because I wanted to see Hawaii. Those orders were cancelled and we went to England instead.

Six months after we were married, I found out that I was pregnant. During the pregnancy I stayed at home and kept the house immaculately clean. He complained anyway. During my pregnancy he also hounded me about everything that happened before the marriage. I hated it and begged him to stop. I was completely honest with him, but he was mean and very demanding. He did nothing to help out around the house.

Shortly after the baby was born, he demanded that I get a job to help him with our little expenses. I really wanted to stay at home with my baby, but I bowed to his desires again. How stupid of me. I should have stayed home and let him take care of his family like a real Christian man should. After all he was professing to be a Christian man.

While in England, we didn’t have a phone. Whenever we wanted to call home, we had to walk to a pay phone to make the calls. Every time we called he didn’t want me to talk to his family for some strange reason. Little did I know that what he was doing was called “isolation”.

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails