Friday, March 4, 2011

You Smell Nice

You smell nice - Originally written June 30, 2006

"I really need to check my email," I think as I walk into the bank. I guess I'll check it from my phone.

As I walk in, I see a very tall and handsome young man standing in line. There are two other women at the teller windows. Good, I don't have to wait long. That boy looks like somebody's son. I wonder if he's running errands for his mama. I'm checking my emails.

"You smell nice," he says.

"Thanks," I reply as I look up and give him a genuine smile. I quickly return to checking my emails.

"Are you playing a game on that thing?" he asks.

"Oh no. I'm checking my email." I reply again.

"Cool," he says as he steps up to the counter to handle his business, or his mama's business. I'm now first in line and I go right back to checking my email.

He leaves, then it's my turn. I make my transaction, then I leave as well.

When I get outside, I see the young man sitting in his car. He summons me to come near. I'm thinking he may have a question or something. He did....

He asked me, "Are you married?"

"No."

"Are you seeing anyone special right now?"

"No."

"So, you are single?"

"Yes."

"Hi, my name is Herman. What's yours?"

"Keala," I reply as I extend my hand for a handshake.

"Do you mind if I give you my number so you can call me if you want to?"

Right about now I'm thinking why doesn't he just ask me for my number instead, but I already know the answer.

"What's your number? I can put it in my phone now." I say.

He gives me the number. I immediately call his phone and he answers with a huge smile. We continue our conversation right there on the phone. Of course I have to ask him how old he is.

"31"

"Ok, " I say. That's just old enough for me.

I get in my car and we chat for a few minutes while we're driving our separate ways. I look at this young man and what I see doesn't quite match what he reveals to me. I see a real youngin, and he turns out to be a grown up responsible gentleman.

Wow......

Never judge a a book by it's cover....

1 comment:

Ken R. Whittaker said...

So why didn't he ask for your number?

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails