Friday, February 25, 2011

William Is Not Afraid To Cry

William is not afraid to cry...

This is a repost from another blog I wrote way back on October 13, 2006.  Note that William was eight years old then.  He's 13 now.  I'm just importing stuff that never got imported when I moved to blogger.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

We watched Coach Carter last weekend.  Of course I cried, but unbeknownst to me, William cried too.  cryWill
William is my 8 year old child prodigy. William1


Do you know that boy took that movie into his room and watched it over and over and over?  Then he paused it on this particular speech, wrote it down word for word and proceeded to MEMORIZE it!scan0010   


He recited the speech to me tonight and I almost cried again.  Yes, my baby did that.sweetWill    


Guess what else, that was out of his own inspiration and no outside influences.  Man I love that little boy! babyWill

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails