I was talking with one of my friends today while she was watching Madea's Family Reunion. We then of course started talking about the beautiful eye candy in the movie: Blair Underwood and Boris Kodjoe. She informed me that Boris and his wife broke up. I immediately thought how unfortunate because I love to see love work for people.
The conversation quickly moved to famous couples who either made love work or are making their love last. I am so thankful for the following couples who have made it work and continue to be positive love influences for us all:
- Ashford & Simpson - Solid Love kept them married for 36 years and raised 2 children together. Solid Love. Solid as a rock!
- Marilyn McCoo & Billie Davis - Precious Love kept them married for 41 years.
- Ruby & Ossie Davis - Happily married for 56 years. They openly discuss their open marriage in this book.
- Michelle & Barack Obama - Married for 18 years.
- Will & Jada - Married 13 years.
- Courtney Vance & Angela Bassett - Married 13 years.
- Paula & Denzel Washington - Married 27 years.
- Samuel Jackson & LaTanya Richardson - Married 30 years.
I'd like to express Appreciation to all of the above for keeping LOVE and Hope alive. God Bless & Namaste.