Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Earliest Childhood Memory is . . .


eating spiders on my back porch. Yes, I did it. I ate bugs as a child.


We had this huge screened in back porch. I remember it being an old fashioned type porch with the bottom half of the wall being wooden, and the top half all screen. The inside of the porch was painted grey. I don't remember any furniture back there. Just a deep freezer or some other appliance that I didn't really care to know or remember about as a child.


I remember when I was about 3 years old, I would go play on the back porch all alone. I was an only child for about 4 years so I didn't have any live in playmates. I remember role playing all by myself alot as a child. I would pretend I was many different things like a lion, a giant, a fire truck, any new thing I'd just learned about or seen.


On this particular day, I think I was a cat or some small animal. There I was crawling around on the back porch making animal noises, licking my paws and stuff, when I crawled right into a spider web! Darn! I got webby stuff all over me. So, since I was an animal, I did what animals do. I ate the stuff. Then I found the spider, and I ate IT too.


Yes, that's my earliest childhood memory. Eating bugs!! Yummy!
Lesson Learned: We can eat bugs and survive.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with 

Thumbnails