Saturday, March 8, 2008

Loving Me Feels So Good

Since the car accident, my back has been in alot of pain. I went to the chiropractor for my second visit yesterday. I started to feel a little better after that visit, but around 2:30 I was in pain again. So, I left work early. I have also missed a lot of work as a result of the accident.

Thursday was the only day this week I did NOT have a doctor’s appointment. I was happy not to have that interruption in my regularly scheduled life. When I got off work Thursday, I had a craving for crab cakes AGAIN. So I went grocery shopping.

I came home, made the boys do their chores right because they got it all wrong. I was really looking forward to cooking my special dinner and I do not cook in a dirty kitchen. So after the work, I cooked fried chicken (for the boys, I gave up chicken altogether), crab cakes, baked zucchini, corn, and biscuits. The boys had milk while I enjoyed a glass white zinfandel with my special dinner. Cooking exactly what I wanted for dinner was me nurturing me and my body.

Friday after the boys left for their 4th weekend in a row visit with their dad, I enjoyed stuffed tilapia, brussel sprouts, biscuits and white merlot. That white merlot was very good.

Two nights in a row I enjoyed fabulously cooked dinners with my favorite people, me, myself, William, Allan, and TJ. Friday is was all about me. Quiet, peaceful and just what I needed.

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails