Friday, January 25, 2008

6. Sandra Bullock

“I love humor. I always will fall back on humor. That’s something that I think you can’t ever get enough of and, if it’s done well, it’s great. When it’s bad, it’s horrible.”
- Sandra Bullock

I absolutely LOVE Sandra Bullock. She can play a wide range of roles and be believable. She is a wonderful, charming, talented, and beautiful actress.

“Women are like ovens. We need 5 to 15 minutes to heat up.”
- Sandra Bullock

I’ve noticed that she also has great chemistry with Keanu Reeves. They did Speed and The Lake House together. I loved The Lake House. I bought it for myself. I may watch that this weekend. Hmmmmm…

One thing I admire about Sandra is that when she moved to the Big Apple, she enrolled in intensive acting classes while also working as a bartender. Sandra was a bartender for three years while she worked hard at achieving her dream of becoming an actress. Sandra went to every casting call and audition she could.

Sandra got five film roles in ‘93. 1-2-3-4-5. WOW! Her most noticeable film of that year was Demolition Man with costars Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes.

Sandra also she beat out Hollywood heavyweight Demi Moore for the leading role in While You Were Sleeping. In 1996’s A Time To Kill (1996), she began earning a seven-digit salary.

I love the fact that Sandra began her own production company called Fortis Films. Her first project was Hope Floats (1998), starring Harry Connick Jr. and Gena Rowlands. I thought Hope Floats was a very cute movie despite what the funky critics may think. Shoot, I’m a critic. I also liked when she starred opposite Nicole Kidman in Practical Magic. Very smart move Sandra. Another good movie I might add.

In 2004, Sandra appeared in a completely different role as a racist in the Academy Award-winning movie Crash. Again, another believable performance by Ms. Bullock.

She’s funny, spunky, talented, gorgeous, and doin da dang thang! Go Sandra!

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails