Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10 Dear Blog


Dear Blog,
It has been 6 days since my last blog entry.  I have been quite busy reading, learning, being a mommy, etc.  I have so many blog entries in my head that I want share/post.  Here is a list of blog entries currently under construction:
  • ·         Numbers Runner
  • ·         Profile of a Hit Man
  • ·         Holiday Shopping Tips for You
  • ·         Google, YouTube, and You Too
  • ·         Evaluating ME


I am typing this entry in Word because it says I can upload to my blog.  I couldn't upload from Word.  I kept getting the error that it couldn't access my account.  Whatever. 

Yesterday was Allan’s birthday.  He wanted his party at his Dad’s house.  We had a great time.  He got a bike, money, and a football.  We had barbecue ribs, hot wings, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, cheese puffs and an ice cream cake.  I was very happy Allan enjoyed his 9th birthday.

Dear Blog,
I have so much I want to share but for some reason, I cannot find the words to properly and adequately convey what I desire to share.  Maybe I have too much junk I need to dump before I can really do what I want to do.  I’ll post more later.

Dear Blog,
My brother thinks I use facebook too much.  I've been thinking about going on a 7 day facebook diet.  No facebook for 7 days straight.  At least no going to facebook.  I have several sites that automatically post to facebook.  I won't be going on an all out internet diet, just a facebook diet.  What do you think?

Dear Blog,
I had a dream about bags last night.  Leather bags, suitcases, purses, more leather bags.  It was quite odd.  I dreamed I was packing bags and sending someone on their way.  I distinctly remember a brown leather backpack purse.  I wonder what that dream meant.  I looked up what this could possibly mean and found it at the bottom of this website.  You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page.  I am kind of excited about the possible meaning of this leather bag dream.   

This dream prompted me to go to the Dooney website to look around.  I love Dooney.  Don't you?
~~Namaste~~

2 comments:

Anklebuster said...

Hi Keala, by now, you're probably well aware of the impact your candles have had on my early afternoon.

I wanted to added my two cents about a Facebook diet. I feel that if you feel compelled to reciprocate in all of the myriad interactions possible within that site, you WILL burn out. On the other hand, denying yourself the pleasure of simply connecting to friends and acquaintances would be like declining to walk in the park because of all the joggers.

My own system for limiting my time on Facebook is to remove all email notifications. That removes the urgency that email subtlely foists upon us. I keep a link to my fan page on my bookmarks toolbar. Maybe two or three times a day, I click on that and browse from there. The notifications and messages are all right there (pun intended.)

Cheers,

Mitch

Keala said...

Hi Mitch. You made me laugh AGAIN today.

I've removed all email notifications a long time ago. Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I may have left some information out of my original post. I use SocialOOmph to schedule my status updates and my Twitter account also feeds my facebook status updates. My blog feeds to facebook, my YouTube feeds to facebook. Many things I do online automatically feed facebook without me being on facebook. If you are in my brother's shoes, it appears that I am on facebook more than I actually am. That's why I said he thinks so. I didn't necessarily agree with him.

I love the interactions with family and friends. Especially family and friends who are far away from me.

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails