Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Optimist Creed

I have The Optimist Creed by Christian D. Larson posted on the wall in my cube.  I read it daily and it does help me.  I first learned this creed and applied it to my life when I joined The Optimist Club in middle school.  Yes, I was just a tween when I learned this and I believed every word of it.  I am sharing this with my readers and I encourage all of you to share this with your inner circles and outer circles.  I believe if we all lived life by this creed, the world would be a much better place filled with more peace, love and happiness.

 

I promise myself…

§         To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.

§         To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.

§         To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

§         To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.

§         To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.

§         To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.

§         To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

§         To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.

§         To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.

§         To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

§         To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.

§         To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.

~~ Christian D. Larson

 

Over the years, I’ve shared this with many people and I’ve noticed that everyone believes this or live their lives by this creed.  That saddens me to a point.  I’ve also noticed that in my greatest hour of despair, I have been guilty of forgetting this creed.  No More!  That is why I read it daily and apply it to my life daily.  I encourage all of you to do the same.

 

~~Namaste

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails