Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Confidence

What makes YOU confident?
When everything in my life is on schedule and within the budget, I feel confident.
When I stick to my routines and the children follow suit, I feel confident.
Accomplishing goals and meeting specified requirements has always made me confident.
Knowing that I look
good
great when I leave the house everyday makes me confident.
When I have a good night’s sleep and I wake up with plenty of energy, I feel confident.
Buying sexy lingerie and wearing it under everyday clothes makes me confident. not to mention sexy, oh so sexy
When I go out with my girlfriends and we get in just enough trouble not be in trouble, I feel confident.
I am confident just being me in this beautiful brown skin that I am in. That’s what makes me confident.

So, share: What makes You confident?

this entry was inspired by iVillage

3 comments:

HeyShae! said...

I LOVE this post. People really do need to be more confident. Black, brown, whatever... big, small, thick, thin.. who cares? Just be comfortable and confident being you. Remember the days when you were a child and would leave the house without caring what people thought of you? Shoot, I'm glad I got that mentality back. I don't have the time nor the energy to keep track with who is thinking about me these days. I'm confident in myself because I know I am the best person I can be. I may be better some days and worse others, but I try to be a good person and that is what makes me confident... knowing I'm not adding the evil already out there in the world.

Keala said...

Amen to that Shae.

My youngest son is like that. He doesn't care what other people think. Unfortunately, his father cares way too much what other people think. I try to shelter him from that craziness as much as possible.

Tondy said...

You're right, a good night's sleep makes me confident too. I guess accomplishing goals I have set for the day makes me confident. I'm not too concerned about what people think of me, I'm more worried about what I think of myself and right now, at this very moment, I won't lie, I'm not feeling very confident. I loved your post, as usual.

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails