Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Positive Sense of Self

My mom gave it to me. She used to tell me all the time, “Think highly of yourself dear because if you do not, nobody else will.”

When I first heard those words, I had a small clue about what they meant, but I had to really live that motto to learn it.

My mom thought highly of me. When it came to school work or anything I set out to do, it was expected that I would excel in all that I did. It was unspoken but also expected that Keala Brown excel in the things she did.

It was spoken often that I could do anything I wanted to do. When I said I wanted to be a CPA, I was told, “Baby you can be anything you set your mind to be.”

I actually believe that I am:
  • beautiful
  • smart
  • creative
  • resourceful
  • passionate
  • loving
  • caring
  • fun
  • witty
  • charming
  • not conceited
  • filled with a positive sense of who I am

My family gave me the wonderful gift of a positive sense of self and I am so grateful for it.

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails