Saturday, December 1, 2007

Life Partners


Life Partners



The day I got married I told myself that if it didn't work out I could get a divorce. Little did I know that the moment new life entered me I would change my mind. Once my son was born, I wanted to be life partners with his father. Obviously that plan did not succeed.



A life partner can be described as a romantic partner for life. My own personal definition of a life partner is similar yet somewhat different. A life partner is more than just a romantic partner for life. My life partner is the person who is my friend for life, my confidant for life, my caretaker for life, my caregiver for life, my partner in crime for life, my most special friend for life. My life partner is the man who wants to spend the rest of his life living with me, sharing with me, caring with me, being with me, tolerating all of me in all of my glory and my many moods de jeur and vice versa. I reciprocate all of the above to my life partner and then some.



While I will agree that a life partner is also a romantic partner for life, I submit that a life partner accepts that there may or may not be other temporary and sporadic romantic interests throughout life, but none that are permanent but him.



My life partner loves me unconditionally and accepts all of my glory and flaws. I do the same for him.


My life partner knows that I have interests outside of our special relationship and accepts them as they are. I do the same for him.


My life partner knows that I will always come home to him. I know he will always come home to me. He has provided a safe place called home just for me. My life partner understands how important home is to me.


My life partner knows that I want no one else but him. My life partner wants no one but me. I am all the woman he needs, desires, and wants. He is more than enough man for me. My life partner is not jealous of other relationships I have cultivated outside of our life partnership. I am secure with my life partner's other relationships because he is my chosen partner for life. He is committed to me and I am commited to him.



I have been told that because I married so young I did not have the opportunity to live life fully and have all of the fun young people are supposed to have. That may be true. However since my divorce I have had my share of "dates" and experiences with the opposite sex. I have experienced enough to know what I want and what I do not want. I have decided that I do want a life partnership versus that other intermittent stuff I have experienced over the years. I have had my share of so called fun. I can have fun with my life partner. He's cool with me and he trusts me.

No comments:

Related Posts with 

Thumbnails